Saturday, March 14, 2009

Missionary Friend Letter: End of Mission

March 14, 2009

Sister Bruno,

Hey, hadn't heard from you in a while. I thought I'd send you a poke. I hope things are going well. I wonder what your up to. You're probably studying your little brains out trying to learn Chinese. I wonder how that's going. Is it still difficult? (Dumb Q) Stick with it though. Nothing worth it was ever easy except for easy chease. Anyway Be strong and of good courage. (You can read that in Joshua 1) The Lord will not forsake you, fear not, neither be dismayed (Joshua is so cool!) Anyway, enough of MTC/mission drama or anxieties.

Nothing new has happened as I like. I had my last interview with Prez in the field, all I have left is the going home speech the night before I head home. I'm ready.

Today was Sunday. Church was soo long today. I was starving towards the end. Luckily we had 2 dinners tonight. Tonight is numbers night too. I hate Sundays because: 1) reports 2) meetings and 3) numbers. (You'll soon figure this out).

Anyway. I'm figuring everyone has decided to be taught by missionaries after I leave. I'm pretty upset, but oh well what do I care. I'm leaving in 24 days for home. A lot of good it'll do me to th ink of those kinds of things before I leave.

I've found what Gene Machelhue said about soldiers to be true about missionaries: "they don't die, they just fade away." I feel like I'm fading away. I'm sad my mission is ending.

But! I'm happy to begin true life (You've already heard this song and dance.) I won't go on with it. I'll simply tell you instead "Be good. Be safe." And Luke 17:32. Looking back was not the sine. Doubting what the Lord could give was. Wanting to go back is not the answer. Always remember D&C 78:17-18.

I hope this finds you well,

Elder S.

No comments: