24 February 2009
Missions have more meaning than high degrees.
Cheer up your smile/Cheer up your day
- 2 Nephi 10:23 Love ye are free to act for self
- D&C 61:36-37 I am in your midst.
- D&C 68:6 Do not fear. Son of the living God.
- D&C 78:18 you can't bear all now.
- 3 Nephi 1:13: be happy cheerful when Jesus comes.
We have occasion to make great choices.
You have been called by prophets and apostles to your mission.
- Satan gets in the way.
- You used your agency to choose. Force was Satan's plan.
- Gift of the Savior.
Mosiah 4:3 God's whole purpose is to allow.
- Choose to follow Jesus or Satan.
- Important to do right because we choose.
- War goes on over issue of agency.
- Truth and error.
Revelation 12:11; 2 Nephi 2:26
It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it.
Person must be taught. People must understand. Must act and live.
Young people think can forsake but not confess.
Study Mosiah 26. Discipline in the Church.
Mosiah 2613 feared to do wrong in the sight of God. 29: forgive repentance
Companion is preparatory state. D&C 42:6
Essentially going as if angels of God.
- Angels can be great blessing
- Preaching two by two established by the Lord.
- Almost all transgression comes from losing companion
- Priesthood leaders say sometimes companions let companions go to hell because don't tell on them. John 17