Wednesday, March 25, 2009

MTC Scripture Study: Sacrament and Doing More

2 Nephi 20:8 Should shall never hunger nor thirst if you understand importance of the sacrament.

Don't sleep

What can I do when I have more to do than I can do?

2 Nephi 25:23 by grace we are saved after all we do.

2 Nephi 10:24-25 Reconcile to will of God, cheer up heart, remember free to act for self.

Jacob 4:7 Can know by grace have power to do all things.

Mosiah 4:27 All things done in order. Don't run faster than have strength.

Personal Application

What do I do when there is more to do than I can do?

When I was in college, that was actually something I struggled with a lot. I loaded myself with 21 credits for 3 semesters, but I didn't feel like I should drop any of my classes. It was in my third semester of college that I started to realize the difficulty of such a credit load. My work was understaffed at the time and a 20 hour job was turning into 30 or 35. I started to notice that I was doing things half-heartedly. I was 1st Counselor in the RS, and although I attended necessary meetings, I missed ward gatherings such as enrichment.

No comments: