Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Missionary Friend Letter: Serving A Mission Best Decision I Have Ever Made

Jan 21, 2009

Dear Flora (aka Sister Bruno),

Thanks so much for your letter. That was so nice of you to think of me. Today, you're going on a mission. How exciting, is that?!

Flora, I really can't tell you how excited I am to hear you're serving a mission. Serving a full-time mission was the best decision I have ever made. I have learned so much already and have so much I still want to learn. I really can't imagine my life without serving a mission without meeting the people I've met, coming to know and love my Savior even more, and how I've learned to become more like my Savior. What a blessing it is to represent our Savior Jesus Christ!

I want to share with you a quote from Bruce R. McConkie that helped me a lot. It's called "My Missionary Commission'." I am called of God. My authority is above that of the Kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master, and He has chosen me to represent Him. To stand in all places, to say and dow what He Himself would say and do, if He personally were administering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts. My words are His words, and my doctrine is His doctrine. My commission is to do what He wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness, in word and in deed--of he divinity of His great and marvelous latter-day work. How GREAT is my CALLING."

Isn't that awesome?! It really hit me how amazing it is to have the privilege of representing my Lord, Jesus Christ! Every day I try to live more worthy of that calling. Work hard, Flora, and give Heavenly Father your very best. "Do not be discouraged on account of the greatness of the work; only be humble and faithful." --Joseph Smith Jr.

May God bless you, Flora. Love everyone like Christ would/does and you are going to have lots of success on the mission. I'm so happy for you!

Love

Sister Rachel Ellis

No comments: