Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Friend Letter: Sunday Best Day in MTC

So I started writing this letter and guess who started talking to me on facebook?! YOUR MOM! haha...but seriously.

So you went into the MTC today. I hope you are loving it. The first few days were really long for me. Sunday is the best day. After that it goes by SOOO Fast. Enjoy every minute! There is joy to found in the journey.

I got another letter from Rachel today. I'm probably reading too much into it but it was kind of a weird letter. haha

Rachel: "Please know that this isn't a message to say I expect you to keep on writing. I am just grateful for what you shared with me. I really don't deserve you as my friend, Matt. You deserve so much more than I could give. I hope you find someone who will treat you much better than I treated you."

It was a nice thought I guess. I probably am reading too much into it. I'll probably write her back later on.

I didn't see Felicia today. I decided it might be good to have a day off. We texted a bit and I'll probably call for a few minutes later tonight. Thanks for talking to me so late before your BIG DAY.

Speaking of your BIG DAY...how was it? I'm sure you adjusted fine. And I'm STILL sure that you are companions with that girl you said you weren't going to be companions with! The Lord works in mysterious ways, ehh?

I'm going to try and be a good writer. I'm off to a great start if I say so myself :)

Anyway, I know this letter is short. But just remember that it would be shorter if I wrote it. PLUS, I talked to you less than 24 hours ago.

So there isn't too much to update you on. Especially, since I haven't seen Felicia.

If you are wondering what I've decided...I'm just going to follow your advice, "Trust in him." Then trust he'll tell you when it's wrong. Until then go forward in faith. Don't fall from fear."

That text pretty much changed my way of thinking about this situation along with several other things. You're awesome. Good luck! I look forward to hearing from you.

Matt

No comments: