Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Friend Letter: Lord Knows What We Go Through

Sister Bruno!

Sorry this letter is a little late. I'm going to try and write you every week but this week has just gotten away from me. I have three tests, but I've told you. Life here is pretty good. I can't remember if I told you that I've changed my major to Human Development. but if I haven't I just did. I'll be taking classes over the spring and summer to speed up my graduation so that I can hopefully do an internship next spring and then be done. I want to do therapy for autistic kids. There are only four weeks left of this semester and that excites me greatly because I'm ready for it to be over with! I guess I shouldn't wish it away. This semester hasn't been all bad, in fact quite the contrary, there have been some of the happiest times in my life. It's just these last few weeks having been so bueno. So that's as far as school. My parents want me to fly home to TN for a few days in between the winter and spring but I don't know if I'll do that because flying there would mean spending ALL day in the airport, and I only have four days between school. I'm kind of thinking I don't want to spend two of those in the airport stressing myself out a ton when I can just stay here and relax. . . .

Thanks again for those scriptures you sent me, they have helped a lot. The good think about these last few weeks is that they've helped me draw closer to the Lord. I'm reading the Book of Mormon right now and I'm in 3rd Nephi. And it was talking about how the Lord has suffered everything and knows what we're going through. It just reminded you of what you said in your last letter that Christ didn't just suffer for sin. I've also started reading the New Testament because I realized the other day that I've been a complete Hobo my entire life and have never read the Bible. I've decided to rememdy that so I'm going to try the New Testament first because I've heard the OT is difficult to get through, especially for amateurs like me. :) And then on tope of that in my BOM Class we were reading a quote the other day I think it was by President Hunter and he basicly said that Modern Scripture, so like conference talks and stuff like that, should be "the walk and talk of our everyday lives" so I've started reading one conference talk everyday too. If you add it all together I think I do at least 45 minutes of gospel study a day, but I feel good about that. And that is still probably not even a pittance of what you do. So in general that has raised my spirits and I'm not so mopey.

So how are you? I know I asked that a lot but it could be because I'm genuinely interested. In your last letter you said that you like it when people take the time to tell you how they're actually feeling, well we do too?! By the way, What's up with you sending pictures to Matty and not to me? Boo! I mean I got the one of you and your district but he got a bunch from you in your last letter to him, can we say unfair?! haha j/k

Felicia

No comments: