Taiwan Taipei Mission
4F, Lane 183, Chin Hua Street
Ta An District, Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C.
29 April 2010
Mr. and Mrs. Frank A. Bruno
2042 Thornhill Dr.
Summerville, SC 29485
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Frank A. Bruno:
Sister Flora Bruno has been called to serve as a Senior Companion. Your daughter has proven to be an effective loving and sensitive missionary in carrying out the great work in this mission. Sister Bruno has a command of the Chinese language and has learned the discussions well.
Senior companions are accountable for the baptism and retention of people in their assigned proselyting area (in our mission typically 50,000-100,000 residents). Also, she and her companion must have their hearts knit together in humility, love, and unity. Together, they set goals, make plans, work diligently, and teach with the Spirit to bring souls to Christ. As a Senior Companion, your daughter will have the following responsibilities:
- Hold weekly and daily planning sessions with her junior companion.
- Encourage prayer and scripture study.
- Be an example by being obedient to all rules in the missionary handbook.
- Study from "Preach My Gospel" with missionaries each time companionship study is held.
- Give her junior companion opportunities to teach, find and baptize as well as fellowship converts.
- Help her companion study the language every day and work toward midway and final certification of the standard discussions.
- Make sure the companionship is effective.
- Be a true friend.
Being a Senior Companion requires dedication, love and responsibility. Through Sister Bruno's efforts and hard work, she has shown that she is capable of shouldering the additional responsibility that has been given to her.
Thank you for your support of Sister Bruno. We are pleased with your daughter's progress as a missionary and are grateful to have her in the Taiwan Taipei Mission.
Terrence E. Grimley
Taiwan Taipei Mission President