Thursday, March 4, 2010

Transfer 8 Week 5

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 9:24 PM

Hello. Again I'm sorry, but this might be kind of a fast and not too interesting of an email. This week has been a little slow, and a lot of it was dealing with a couple medical problems, so I don't know how much I can come up with to write about, but I'll try my best.

The only real investigator update that I can really think about is we are meeting with someone named Susana (Huang) who is doing really great. I guess she contacted the Shilin Elders, and started meeting with them, but they passed her over to us sisters when they realized she lived in the Beitou Area. They had already set a baptism goal with her when they passed her to us, so her date goal is the 28th I believe. So far she's doing really good, and it's completely possible that she will be baptized on her first goal. She came to church on Sunday, and just really has a testimony that she knows that God is real and will answer her prayers and comfort her. She shared her testimony with us about how before she didn't think there was a God, but one day, thought really long and hard about it, and realized if there was no God, this earth is kind of a rotten place...but when she realized God really does exist, she realized she had a lot to learn and prepare for in this life. She's really great and I just am glad to be able to teach her. She's been a great friend to us, and just loves to meet and talk. She talks quite a bit, so I feel like we are good friends and know her pretty well, because she shares a lot with us. She just called..haha to make sure we were still meeting tomorrow. So yeah! She's doing really good. We were going to share a third lesson on Tuesday, but ended up changing the lesson plan a little, because not only did neither of us feel good, but Susana just really said she knew an important part of changing is following commandments, and asked us what commandments she needed to follow, so we told her we'd share one with her, and shared just the first principle, faith, of the third, and talked about the Sabbath and its importance. She said she'd do her best to follow that commandment, such as talk to her boss and see if Sunday could be gotten off, since she changes jobs soon. I'm glad we have such an amazing investigator who is willing to put faith into action.

This past week, we did companion exchanges. We also will do them this coming week and next week, as my companion is the coordinating sister for this transfer, and needs to exchange with each Sister once(which means 4 exchanges, and we have now done 2). I stayed in my area and went senior for the day. It wasn't a piece of cake day, but went pretty well despite the fact that we had a full schedule for the exchange, then every single appointment canceled. We were able to get on the bikes, which is a rare occasion in this area, and go out towards Beitou and leave some notes on some members doors that the relief society asked us to focus on. I was able to set with with one of them, and by some kind of divine set-up, we ran into her when we went to do tours Saturday, and she was really excited for us to come over again this next week when she is actually home. I think the note really helped soften her up, because she's usually been a little standoffish towards sisters, and more attached to Elders. So I'm excited to go meet her some more.

Which reminds me, we did temple tours on Saturday and it was BUSY. I kind of liked it...a lot. Even though I've always been close enough to the city to do tours every transfer since transfer one (which means I've done it a good 15ish times now) I've never been in on a Saturday. I mean, I was sick and completely exhausted by the end of the day, with being so busy and so sick, but it was just amazing to see so many tours and miracles. The typical number of tours for us in a week, in the past, was 4 or 5 on a good day. On Saturday, we did 11. More than double what I normally do. We were able to do investigator tours, member tours, everything. We saw 9 referrals that day, and the temple sisters also were doing tours, since it's busier, so the tour saw a ton of referrals that day, and it just made me more appreciative of temple tour, because the point of it is referrals, and we were able to see quite a payout on it. Also, a really cute family walked in and said they'd passed by a couple times, and had some interest in our teachings and in primary. We were able to give them a quick tour, a Book of Mormon, and they wrote down their names to learn more about our church. I was glad I was able to be a part of the beginning of that teaching process. We saw a lot of miracles that day. Also, Chen Yiting, a new member from Zhongli came down to see me and tell me about her dating experience with a recently returned missionary. She's really cute and it was good to see her again. She really wanted to see me, so I'm glad she was able to come to temple tour and get that opportunity.

Nothing else really going on that I can think of to immediately talk about...next week my preparation day will be normal Monday again. This week it changed because we will head off to the temple in a little while. They changed how temple day works, so we just go every 3 months now, and it changes preparation day to Wednesday that day. So, I'll just have one more temple day on my mission,so I will appreciate it while I can. I know in South Carolina we don't live too super close to the temple, so the weekly MTC temple experience I had might be hard pressed to ever have again, but I think once a month or two can be good if we are focused on the purpose. I'm glad I get to go today....Write again next week.

Love you guys,

Sister Flora Bruno (Fu)

No comments: